The backward but true mantras of American empire (sans spin):
- If we kill or imprison enough of a person’s family members, they will learn to love our way of life.
- If they do not yet love our way of life, we will continue to kill them until they do.
- The survivors should be told their dead friends were living a lie, and that we have come to show them the truth.
- If a tyrannical militant dictator disagrees with our policies, he is evil, a sponsor of state terror, and should be replaced.
- If a tyrannical militant dictator agrees with our policies, he is good and should be given weapons to use against his own innocent people, who will henceforth be called “terrorists.”
- If you don’t want our troops in your country, be quiet about it.
- If you speak up or act out, you are an enemy combatant, and should be detained (and perhaps tortured) in a secret prison.
- Because our country has nuclear weapons, everyone in the world is safe.
- If your country gets nuclear weapons, everyone in the world is in danger.
- Aggressive war is wrong, unless we’re the ones initiating it.
- Your country’s resources belong to our corporations. Let freedom ring.
- We know what’s best for everyone. We are America.